Sunday 23 June 2019

Tracy's Flowers

Good evening,

Today I have been prepping for a workshop tomorrow.  Just at the last minute, I was looking for one of the stencils I wanted to use and I hunted and hunted looked everywhere at least three times, couldn't find it....eventually found it down the back  of the sofa - don't know why I didn't look there first!!   Why was it down the back of the sofa??  I have a bit of a habit of carrying stuff round with me and leaving it in random places because I get distracted and start doing another job instead of finishing the one I am supposed to be doing.  I must have rested the stencil on the cushion and moved onto something else, then it fell down when someone sat on the sofa.
Anyway, I found it, that's the main thing!

On to the cards..
These are two cards I've made with Tracy's lovely Eclectic Stems stamp set, this is such a lovely set, the flowers are really nice to use and there are some good sentiments too.  I used the fabulous Background Mash Up stamp too, this is an amazing background stamp!

I added some ink to one side of the card, then stamped the numbers from Aida's set 211 Count on You.  I did some stencilling with my all time favourite Lotza Dotz and one of my other favourites, No. 6 both by Abs
I stamped the flower then stamped the head and leaf on a separate piece of card, coloured and cut out.
I used the Background Mash Up to add touches of text.
I added some texture paste and the sentiment, then stuck the flower and leaf over the top and finished with a bit of splattering and doodling.

For the second Card, I found a background I had previously done, and added some stamping with the Background Mash Up.  If I am honest, the background started quite big, but I kept going wrong and didn't like the way I'd positioned things, so I kept cutting it down, until I ended up with quite a small piece!  Anyway, I got there in the end.  I stamped and coloured the flower head separately, then added it over the stamped image at the end.
The edge at the bottom is done with a wonderful border die from DIY & Cie It just adds a nice little finishing touch.  (I love them and have been using them a lot!)
I also added some circles with the distress crayons a la Abs.

Thanks very much for visiting!  Janet xxx

4 comments:

  1. Janet I do exactly the same thing, get easily distracted, then I can’t find what I was using . Gorgeous cards, you have showcased the stamps beautifully and your backgrounds are fantastic. ❤️❤️😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tracy. I am glad it's not just me losing things all the time! Your stamp designs are a joy to work with. I love them xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I appreciate and enjoy reading them all xxx