Sunday 16 June 2019

A lovely man!

Goo morning all,
I hope you are enjoying the sunshine! 
 I was at a wedding yesterday and it was a lovely day, luckily the rain held off, the bride looked totally stunning (a bit biased as she is my niece!  but she really did!) and the whole ceremony went well.  It always nice to catch up with family at these occasions and bizarrely, all the ladies in my family, even baby Sophie turned up wearing the same colour - like it was planned - but it wasn't!

The card for today is one of my favourites!  I love, love,love this stamp!  It is so wonderful to have a really good male image on a stamp.  We have christened him 'the sexy man'


Stamp 196 by Bispha for AALL and Create
Having said I love the stamp, I then had to do it justice! and I pondered for quite a while thinking of what to do with him (keep it clean!!)
I eventually found a nice background which I had done earlier with paint on a gel press, (I think this may have been a 'mop up' bit)
I stamped him on the background, then coloured with pencils and black and white pens and added a bit of distress ink. and a few white splatters.
I saw Janice on TV trying to decide what the bird is and I am pretty sure it is a red cardinal (which is why I coloured him red!!)

Thanks very much for visiting, enjoy the rest of the weekend.
Janet xxx

4 comments:

  1. He is rather nice isn't he??? I would have recognised that this card is yours by the signature squiggly lines round the edge!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is rather lovely! I am not the only person in the world who does squiggly lines! It is the law!!!

      Delete
  2. Love this card! Glad you enjoyed the wedding! It was fun wasn't it?! Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chrissie, I enjoyed the wedding and seeing everyone, it was a good day! xxx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I appreciate and enjoy reading them all xxx