Friday 21 June 2019

More samples...

Good evening,
A bit of late night blogging here tonight!  I am a bit of a night owl really, but life at the moment dictates that I have to get up early, which is not a natural state of affairs for me!
Anyway, did you see the shows with Abs?  I always enjoy watching him create his lovely art.  I also love seeing the samples from the team too.  I have often seen photos of the cards before the shows, but it is not the same as seeing them on the TV.

I have lots of samples, so I am posting them two at a time...
Stamps 198 Voyager and  Stencil 71 Steam Cogs by Olga  and stencil 28 by Abs 
                                                                            This is the first one and is one of my favourites.  I love the background I did here, if only I could remember what I did!!
I started by blending three colours of distress ink,
I had wanted a blue/brown combination, but I picked up 'Chipped Sapphire' instead of 'Faded Jeans' and got a much brighter result than I normally get - I really like it!
I then used two stencils and added colour through the stencil, but I used the same colour on top of the colour which was already there - I loved the result of that.
Then I stamped, again the same colour on top of the one underneath.
I stamped one verse in black and the other in white paint and added some white splatters..
The topper is stamped and coloured with pencils

Stamps 204 Planetary and 195 Flowers and Gears by Olga
I love using things like flowers and butterflies with geometrics

For the second card, I stamped the 'Planetary' stamp in place, and added some of the pattern around it in black and colour.  I stamped. coloured and cut out the beautiful flowers.  To add a bit extra, I used the little pattern stamp in the set to stamp on the flowers too.
Piece it all together and add some screwhead brads.
Run a fine black pen around the edge then do a second line to even out the one that wasn't straight!! (and pretend you meant to do it like that all along!!)

Thanks for visiting!
Janet xxx



6 comments:

  1. Both lovely cards Janet! I really like the first one particularly..... such beautiful colours! Have a nice weekend! Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chrissie xx Hope you had a good weekend too!

      Delete
  2. Stunning Janet. Love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Janet, especially the first one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Veronica, I have to admit to being pleased with that one! xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I appreciate and enjoy reading them all xxx