Saturday 29 June 2019

Flowers and Gears

Good evening!

Today was one of those days when you think it's all going well, then you make a basic school boy error......

I had finished most of the card and was just sticking it to the base.  I use double-sided tape and had taken the back off so it was all sticky.  I realised that I hadn't got any base card out, so I popped the card sticky side down on my mat while I went to get the base card... did you spot the error there???

I managed to get the card off the mat with no damage to the card (thank goodness!) but it left lots of sticky tape behind on the mat, which I promptly forgot about until I couldn't get another project I was working on off the mat!!!

Some days I really think I am getting the hang of this lark, then other days I do stuff like that!

Stamp set 195 Flowers and Gears by Olga 
I made this one a while ago now and can't quite remember what I did..but it was something like this...
I blended ink on the card and spritzed and blotted for the background colour, then stamped the smaller gears from the set in the same colours and stamped the bigger gears in black
I stamped the gorgeous peonies separately, coloured and cut out (I know, Veronica!  More cutting out - I think I am ill!!)
I stamped and coloured the leaves straight on the card (you can have too much cutting out!!)
added the greeting and some screwhead brads and a few gems.
Thanks so much for dropping in! 
Janet xxx

1 comment:

  1. This is a gorgeous card and worth the hassle! Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I appreciate and enjoy reading them all xxx