Friday 28 June 2019

Floral scene

Good evening,

I hope you aren't getting fed up of me but I still have loads of samples to show you.....

Tonight's is a clean and simple card made using the delightful Flourishing Vase stamp set by Tracy and Abs stencil #30

I have just posted this card on the AALL and Create Fanatics page (well worth joining!) and had a lovely little conversation with Tracy.  I have only recently come to realise how important doing these tiny bits of art is to me.  It is not just a hobby, it is not just something I do, I have finally realised it is part of who I am!  That is quite a thing to realise!

So onto the card...
Stamp 213 Flourishing Vase by Tracy and Stencil 30 by Abs
For the background, I masked off the bottom part of the card, then inked the back of the stencil with distress inks (I vaguely used blue towards the top and green towards the bottom) I made sure the top of the stencil had ink but I wiped some away from the sides, then spritzed with water and pressed onto the card, making sure to cover with plenty of tissue to mop up any seepage.
Once dry, I stamped the flowers in place and coloured them.  I drew in a line along the bottom of the stems and added a few squiggles, then added some washi tape and stamped the sentiment!
Done!  Nice and easy....
Just a little note, the stems of the flowers can be bent slightly to change the shape of the flower

Thanks very much for visiting!
Janet xxx

2 comments:

  1. I love this Janet from the delicate touch of stencilling to the flowers and touches of Washi tape. Love love love and I agree with you, being creative is a part of who I am too and it has helped me through a lot of difficult times too ❤️❤️😘😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tracy, It is always nice when the stamp designer likes the card! I am looking forward to spending some time with you soon xxx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I appreciate and enjoy reading them all xxx