Monday 24 June 2019

The Rabbit Card

Good morning!

It is a lovely day here in rural Norfolk.  I have a rare day when I don't actually have any cards to make, so I am going to get out in the garden.  It is looking a bit neglected and needs some attention.  Also, I like being outside with the birds twittering away....

So on that theme, my card today features the cute (and one grumpy) rabbits by Olga.  These are such wonderful images, I love them!

Stamps 214 Bunnies by Olga and 210 Background Mash Up by Tracy
Stencils 77 Sunflower Power by Olga and 67 Broken Circles by Abs (and other stencils too!)

 I decided I wanted to use the border die and have the rabbits kind of 'coming out of their warrens'.
I chose a background I had made at a workshop with Abs (don't read this bit Abs!)  I loved the background I made by layering paint and stencils on a gelli plate and taking the print, but I knew I wasn't going to do a very good job with the project we were supposed to be doing,  so I kept this one back for later!
Lucky I did, because it was a perfect background for rabbits and carrots!
I cut a circle, then used the die to cut the slits for the rabbits.  I added a bit of ink to the edges of the cut just to make it stand out a little bit.
I did some stamping to add some interest to the background and added some washi tape under each slit.
The rabbits were all stamped on separate card, coloured and cut out - yes I cut out all of them!  including the fiddly bits round the leafy tops - people who know me will know what a miracle that is!  but it was the only way for the card to work, so it had to be done!  It was worth it though because once I had put them in place, I loved the finished result.  I was going to just stick to the three with the carrots, but decided that the grumpy rabbit was too nice to miss out, so I added him too!

Thank you so much for visiting, I hope you all have a lovely day - I'm off to find my secateurs!
Janet xxx

4 comments:

  1. couldn't believe you actually cut them out without soemone standing over you and insisting! Love those rabbits, and it's a great result

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Veronica, there was a fair bit of 'language' involved with the cutting out!!

      Delete
  2. Really love this cute bunny card! Hope you got some gardening done!! Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chrissie, no gardening achieved though!! xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I appreciate and enjoy reading them all xxx