Friday 2 August 2019

Understated Sewing

Good evening,

One of the things I love most about AALL & Create is the originality of the designs, especially those by Bipasha.  I love all the little details and the wording mingled in with the design.  They are lovely stamps to use if you just want to stamp in black and not do much else.


For this card, I did a subtle background starting by brushing ink through stencil #70 Diamont Life by Olga
I stamped # 203 Fly High by Aida in a pale colour
I used a black ink pad and clear embossing powder for all of the stamps in set #27 by Bipasha (I had practised the layout on some rough paper before I did it on the main card)
I used a grey pencil to put in a bit of shadow round the images to help them stand out from the background a bit.
At this point, I liked what I had done, but didn't quite know where to go with it until I thought of using the fabulous little blocks in stamp set #10 by Abs.  I love this stamp set!  The background elements are so useful, and in this case were just what I needed!
For a final touch I added white texture paste through the circles in stencil #22 by Abs
A few splatters and some ink round the edges, and it was done.
I used stamps and stencils by 4 different designers in this card and love the way they all work so well together.
Thank you so much for visiting, I hope you all have a great weekend!
Janet xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I appreciate and enjoy reading them all xxx