Tuesday 6 August 2019

Butterflies and Bees

Good evening,

I am on the all night shift again tonight!  One of my cats has a really nasty eye ulcer and the treatment is for her to have antibiotic drops in her eye every two hours including overnight.  Fortunately there are two of us, so we are taking it in turns to do the nights!  Tonight it's my turn!  I know from the days I used to be on call overnight in the blood transfusion lab that I function better the next day if I just stay up all night rather than getting an hour's sleep then being woken, then another bit of sleep and being woken, so I will be up until 03.30 then Simon will do the 05.30 drops because he gets up to go fishing.  Then me again at 07.30!!  I have crafty things I can be getting on with, so if you notice some weird samples from me in the next few weeks, blame sleep deprivation!  (I will be using that as an excuse for some time to come hahaha)

My card tonight features the beautiful stamp called Exterminati Sunt #81 by Olga with some background elements from #10 by Autour de Mwa

One of my favourite techniques is overstamping with several colours of ink, which is what I did here.  I use a stamping platform and add several colours  of distress ink to the stamp, spritz with water and stamp.
Allow to dry a bit, then ink with black versafine and stamp again.  I love the effect this gives!
I added several elements into the background and used the fabulous little blocks from #10 to edge the card (I think these are my favourite stamps in the set....oh and I love the circles...and the triangles...ok so I don't really have a favourite, I just love them all!)
I stamped and cut out one of the butterflies and the numbers on a separate piece of card and added them in place.

Thanks very much for visiting
Janet xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I appreciate and enjoy reading them all xxx