Monday 29 July 2019

Seahorses and Cruisers

Good evening all!

Apologies for the lack of blogging, but I have had a busy time, much of it has been to do with crafting which makes me very happy!

I have just returned from a weekend in Stockton at the NE Art Workshops run by Sue Tucker.  The tutor was Olga Heldwein from the AALL & Create team.  She is such a lovely lady and a brilliant tutor, we made some lovely projects.  I will take some photos and show you soon.  I also had chance to meet and spend time with some of the Hochanda DT and Abs as well, which was lovely.

My card tonight features a brand new product from AALL & Create - dies!!  Dies which match the stamps - even better - because you know how I feel about fussy cutting!!

Having said that, I didn't actually have the stamps which matched these dies so I just used the dies...
Stamps #74 Classic Cruiser by Bipasha, #10 by Abs
Stencil #70 Diamont Life and Die #5 Seahorse by Olga

I had a nice, appropriately coloured background already in my stash, so I simply die cut the seahorses and shells, then inked round all the edges and shaped them with an embossing tool on a soft mat., then added black gems for the eyes of the seahorses.
I stamped the Classic Cruiser on another piece of the same background and cut it to size.
One of my very favourite stamps from AALL & Create is an early one designed by Abs, it is stamp #10, it has lots of lovely background elements and is one of the stamps that drew me to the company when I first saw Abs on TV.  I was really pleased to see it on the 2nd anniversary show and I used it on many of my samples!  In this case I brayered a little white paint on the circle stamp and added them in the background.  I matted the background on red card then added the seahorses and shells.. I used the rest of the paint to add a few splatters (well it would be rude not to!)
.

Thank you so much for visiting
Hope you have a lovely evening
Janet xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I appreciate and enjoy reading them all xxx