Sunday 21 April 2019

The Kenyan adventure....

Good morning all!

I hope it is a lovely where you are as it is here this morning. It is warm and gentle, there is the promise of sun later, the birds are singing and I managed to get some gardening done yesterday.
Spring and summer are most definitely my favourite time of year, I love the long days, and seeing nature come back to life.

Today's project is a new one for me - A4 size!  AALL and Create do many fabulous A4 stamps and I love them, but I have never used the whole stamp in a project before, I tend to use parts of the stamp.
However, when I saw this stamp I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it.  I am sure most of you know we went to Kenya in January and had the most amazing time.  Simon took lots of fabulous photos, so I wanted to use one to incorporate into my page - it was really tough deciding which photo to use, but in the end it had to be elephants at Amboseli National Park with the wonderful Acacia trees.

Stamps #112 and #125 by Aida
I printed the photo first, trimmed and edged with black ink, the coloured the stamped image to match.
I tore round the edges of the image and roughed the edges a bit, then blended a darker colour all round the edge.
I added the photo and a few woerd from another stamp set
The wording on the tag is Kiswahili - which I am learning!  It means Elephants of Amboseli and I love Kenya!
I also used the pointing hand to show where Amboseli is in the world!
Enjoy the weekend!
Thanks very much for visiting
Janet xxx

4 comments:

  1. Lovely memento of your visit! Happy Easter!! Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you are having a good weekend! xx

      Delete
  2. That's amazing Janet, you have to do a full journal!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I would like to be am not sure if I will ever get round to it!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I appreciate and enjoy reading them all xxx