Thursday 11 April 2019

Mainly stencils

Good evening everyone,

I enjoy using stencils, they can make fantastic backgrounds, especially the ones by AALL and Create, I think that is what attracted me to the company in the first place; the fab stencils.  However, I also love using stencils as the main feature on a card too....


Stencil 77 by Olga Heldwein and stamp 188 by Fiona Paltridge
Stencil 65 by Autour de Mwa and stamp 182 by Fiona Paltridge

The sunflower is part of a big A4 size stencil, I decided to scale it down and just use the sunflower part as a feature.
I attached the stencil to the card and blended some yellow ink through it.
Remove the stencil and outline the petals with a fine black pen.
Add extra colour and shading with watercolour pencils
Stamp the words and outline with the pen..
Nice and simple and relaxing to do.









I love this stencil by Abs, it is longer than the card I used, so again I only used part of the stencil.
This time I attached the stencil to the card and masked off the edges, then added a very light amount of ink all over.  I kept the stencil in place and drew all round with a fine pen,
then removed the stencil and coloured the flowers with pencils and the outline edges with grey promarker
I added the sentiment with black versa fine ink

Thanks very much for visiting
Janet xxx

1 comment:

  1. Lovely cards Janet, prefer the second though only just! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I appreciate and enjoy reading them all xxx