Thursday 23 April 2020

A Skull Challenge

Good morning,

It is an amazing thing to be on a design team, especially for such a lovely company as AALL & Create, it is very exciting to get a whole batch of new stamps or stencils to work with, as I am sure you can imagine.  There are pressures though!  Sometimes you have to make things when you are not really in the mood, or you are tired, sometimes you will be asked to work with designs you are not so keen on.  I do LOVE pretty much all the stamps from AALL & Create, but I don't like skulls!  I know they are currently popular and many people love them, but they are not for me...

Soooo a little while ago one of the stamps that was in the show has a skull.  I have most of the stamps already, but not this one so Abs said he would send it to me if I used the skull.  (He was joking and of course there are many other lovely elements I could have used)
I decided I would use the skull, just as a little challenge to myself  - I am trying to get out of my comfort zone a bit this year!!

I thought I might as well go for it and do a page rather than a card - another 'out of my comfort zone' venture!









I started by creating a background on mixed media card.  I used acrylic paints and stencils.  I wanted to make it fairly masculine, so I used red and black paint, but very lightly.

After I pulled the print. I stamped and embossed the image, then coloured the circles and wing with diluted acrylic paint

The skull didn't stand out enough, so I stamped that onto white card, cut it out and glued over the top

I used the matching stencil #47 Circle of Life to add some Grit Paste and the sentiment comes from #86 Zara by Fiona

I have to say, I love the result!

Wishing you all a lovely day

Janet xx

Stamps used: #56 Vintage Grafitti by Olga and  #86 Zara by Fiona
Stencils used :#52 Quadrilaterals, #53 Florastella, #47 Circle of Life all by Olga
#56 Barbary Stars and #68 Ice Cracks by Abs

For more information about AALL & Create products and their stockists visit aallandcreate.com







2 comments:

  1. I loved this when I saw it on Hochanda. Like you I usually prefer pretty but I was so impressed with this I ordered stamp and stencil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Liz I am happy you like it and I hope you enjoy your new stamp and stencil. They are really versatile designs. Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I appreciate and enjoy reading them all xxx