Tuesday 16 July 2019

Monstrous Wishes

Good morning!

Yesterday was not a good day for me!  I had planned to have lunch out to celebrate my niece's graduation, she has done brilliantly well, has won a prize for coming top in her year and is now a doctor!  Scary - it only seems like yesterday she was a baby!
My plans were thwarted however because one of the cats has a really sore eye and needed to go the the vet.  Of course the only appointments available were at lunch time, so I cancelled lunch.  The cat then disappeared completely and I didn't see her again until 9.00 in the evening!

The better part of the day was chatting to lovely Sammy in Kenya and planning my next trip out there.  I had planned to go in January, but that can't happen now for the very best of reasons - Sammy has a job booked for January through to mid March.  This is the low season so he is really lucky to have work, so I am happy to reschedule.
We had a lovely time chatting and planning what we are going to do when I go, and I am looking forward to seeing what Sammy organises for us.  We will go to different places and will get to meet his Mum, which will be amazing!

On to my card...  I love these little monsters by Olga, they are so quirky! 
Stamps 218 Monterous Wishes by Olga,
117 Organics by Louise
Stencil 36 by Olga

I can't remember the exact order I did things for this, it is one of those cards which is completely different to my original plan.
I used stencil #36 by Olga to make a little background behind each monster
I stamped and coloured the base for each monster with one of the stamps from #117 Organics by Louise
I stamped the monsters separately, coloured and cut them out ~(I know Veronica, I am getting worried now!!!) then stuck them in place.
I stamped and coloured the greeting under each monster
It all looked a bit bare, so I added the leaves from set #117 and coloured them too and added a bit more stencilling.
I think that's it! Oh!  I added a few splatters....

Thank you so much for visiting!
Have a lovely day!!
Janet xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I appreciate and enjoy reading them all xxx