Monday 23 September 2019

Crafty Sunday

Good afternoon,

Well, it's another lovely day here, lots of lovely sunshine!!  Sadly I have lost my crafty mojo for the moment (I have been doing admin stuff which has stifled me a bit!) so thought I would still do something craft related and write a blog post.

On Sunday it was my workshop in Great Blakenham, always a delight to meet up with the lovely ladies and I had a special treat when some of them showed me some projects they had done following Abs' awesome demo on Hochanda the previous Thursday.  I always love seeing people's work and they had done some amazing pieces.

We did some Christmas cards which are a bit quirky (they are done with AALL & Create stamps after all!) 
 I had made a very similar card to the first one last year and sent it out as a Christmas card, but I really like it, so I thought It would make a good workshop card.
I adore the Quirky Bird stamp set #69 by Louise Nelson and just needed #78 Quirky Circles and stencil #35 Splashes by Aida  to go with it to do this card.
It is pretty much stamped, coloured cut out and layered, then finished with a bit of texture paste through the stencil in places


For the second card, I used #210 Background Mash Up by Tracy Evans to create the background, I used it on its side so the birds had a bit of 'ground' to stand on.
To add some extra interest, I spend a long and happy time doodling round the circles at the bottom with a fine black pen.  I can happily spend days doing this, I love it, but I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, so I controlled my self and only did the bit at the bottom.  (Well, that's not true, I did a few little bits here and there along the side too!!)
It just needs a greeting adding...


I went a bit off piste for the third card because I didn't have a finished sample prepared, so I gave out the stamps made a few suggestions for how to use them and left the ladies to it!  I now realise they don't actually need me there at all!!  Everyone did something different and they were all totally amazing!!!  It was such a pleasure to see what everyone did.  I might do that again.....

Thank you so much for visiting I am off to sit in the sun and recover my mojo... actually a good place to look if you are seeking inspiration is the AALL & Create Fanatics page on fb, it is a little treasure trove of fabulous ideas and inspiration from the stamp designers the design team members and also AALL & Create customers and fans.  There are new projects all the time...check it out!  Show us your projects too, we love to see them..

Janet xxx

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you all had a great time! Cute cards! Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chrissie, we always have a good time!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I appreciate and enjoy reading them all xxx