Monday 21 October 2019

Sunflower Hills and Houses

Hello folks,

It has been an exciting time for the team at AALL & Create recently, there was a One Day Special featuring the new release stamps by Tracy Evans.  They sold out in 12 mins!!!  Amazing but not surprising, they are lovely designs.  Luckily more stock was available on extended delivery. 

My first sample from the show features the lovely quirky fairy houses by Tracy.  These are a bit of a change from her usual style but equally lovely.  Clever lady!

I had the idea of using the top of the sunflower stencil as hills quite a long time ago and I have been waiting for the right stamps to come along, then Yay!!  Tracy's houses came along - perfect!


The first thing to say is that this is NOT a quick card!! 
I started with an A4 piece of card and blended various colours of distress oxides through the Sunflower Power stencil #77 by Olga
With the stencil still in place I also added blue around the edges then used my favourite stencil in the world ever (so far...) Lotza Dotz #39 by Abs to add more interest round the edges.
This is the long bit - I doodled round the whole lot with a fine black pen, it took ages and I had only intended to highlight certain areas, but got a bit carried away and did the lot!!!  I know this won't be everyone's cup of tea, but I loved it!
Once finished, I stamped the houses #261 Magical House and #263 Heart and Home on separate pieces of card, coloured them and cut them out and added them to the sunflower hills.  I stamped the little fairy, the heart flowers and the words in place.
As a finishing touch, I added texture paste through the little squares on the Lotza Dotz stencil and inked round the edge of the card.

Thank you so much for visiting!
Janet xxx

2 comments:

  1. It's lovely Janet and sounds like a lot of fun to make even if it isn't quick!! Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I appreciate and enjoy reading them all xxx