Thursday 11 September 2014

Diva Red workshop

Good morning everyone,
I hope you are all well!  I am not feeling brilliant today - not sure why, just a bit yuck!  Still, onwards and upwards!  The house will be a bit chaotic for the next couple of days as I am having some decorating done - so all my craft stuff will be out of action, which means I can't do the prep for my workshop (which I usually do on a Thursday) which means I have had to cancel my plans to go to the Clarity open day in Catterick.  It was always a bit mad - it is a 4-5 hour drive from Norfolk!
I did go to the one in Crowborough though, so I know those of you who are going will have a brilliant time!!   I will be thinking of you!


Today's cards are the ones we did at the Diva Red workshop last weekend..the first two are mine..


Using perfect pearls through the starry wreath stencil and the Father Christmas large bauble both from Clarity

Stamp the carol verse first, then mask and create some hills using the good old torn copy paper trick, put a moon mask in place and add some ink for the sky, then remove all masks and stamp the trees in place.  Add some shading to the scrolls on the verse and under the trees.
Add a bit of glitter and draw a fine line round to outline the scene


The next two are my versions of  Moira's cards...



A lovely simple design, based on an idea from Eileen Godwin



A beautiful image coloured by mixing liquid pearls with distress ink.  It gives a nice sheen to the image, which doesn't show up very well on the picture here.

Hopefully, Moira will post these on her blog soon
Link to Moira's blog

2 comments:

  1. Hello Janet.... hope you feel better soon! Lots of lovely cards again! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. they're lovely Janet - especially the middle two. Do like the starry stencil - and thanks for the inspiration from the holly stencil!
    If you can't get to Catterick, maybe we will see you on Sunday?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I appreciate and enjoy reading them all xxx