Wednesday 10 June 2015

Owl in a tangle!

Hello and welcome along to my blog,

Tonight I am starting to show the samples from the Clarity TV show last weekend.  Along with the fantastic new Groovi system for parchment, there were some lovely new bird stamps too!

I was very much in Zentangle mode when I received these stamps and was delighted to find they are prefect to tangle.

This is the single owl from the 'Wise owls' set they come with a little set of spectacles, a monocle and a morter board, but I thought I would just use him on his own.
We also had two fab sets of Framer shape stencils and the oval from set 1 fitted the owl perfectly.





I started by outlining the stencil shape with a fine black pen, then removed the stencil and did another line round the inside
I stamped the owl and drew in the 'branch ' he is standing on, then spent several hours doing all the tangling.  There are lots and lots of patterns on the internet, but the original Zentangle.com is an excellent place to start.
Once I had finished  everything in the oval, I was wondering how to finish it and I realised that I could draw a pattern on the outside too, so I added my corners by hand.
I also added some shading to the owl with a graphite 2B pencil and a bit of blending with a paper stump.

...so having spent 3-4 hours doing that, what did I do once I finished??  Another one!!  I enjoyed it so much, I just wanted to carry on!  I used the triangle stencil from the other stencil set and just kept going.  I did stop after this one though!

Thanks for dropping by,
Take care,
Janet
xx


16 comments:

  1. Wow not only do I love this owl but you have gone all out on the zedtangle puts mine to shame

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie - I am sure your work is lovely! x

      Delete
  2. Very impressed with your zentangled, perfect with the owl x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Zentangling is fab Janet. I love the owl - your designs around it complement it so well. Gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning work Janet....love how you have used the Zentangle...the owl looks just fabulous...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards Janet! I love how your tangles are progressing... they are getting really complex and look lovely! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chrissie, I am really enjoying it xx

      Delete
  6. They are stunning Janet. I'm very impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are lovely Janet. I really like your Zentangles but I'm not sure I have the patience to do it myself - perhaps that's a good reason to try! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sue - it does take a while, but you get lost in it and don't realise how long you've been doing it!

      Delete
  8. Oh Janet...how wonderful you have made this owl. He was lovely before but now he is stunning!! Perfect for Zentangle and that is exactly what you have done...Perfection!!!! I just love the whole composition of your card. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I appreciate and enjoy reading them all xxx