Wednesday 17 May 2017

F I T Colours!

Good evening,
Thank you for dropping by, I am showing some pages from the delightful little Rhyme-Time Nursery Rhyme Alphabet book from Claritystamp.  This book has a large letter to colour in and a little verse to go with it, along with a small image which has already been coloured, so you have some inspiration if you need it.  I had such a lovely time just colouring these in.  I have a lovely set of Prismacolor pencils which is what I used, along with a blending stump and Sansodor, to colour all the images.  The sansodor doesn't come through the card, so if you wanted to keep all the images in the book and colour, it would be fine.

I love this image, I just added some stamps in the background and inked round the edge with a matching colour ink.















I decided to keep this fairly monotone, I used an oval aperture stencil to frame the lad and his lovely pony, then added some dots round the edges using a dotty stencil



I used the old 'torn copy paper' trick to add the background for this one and added a couple of birds and the grasses at the front.  The words come from the title of the verse in the book, I just cut them out and edged them in black.

I was lucky enough to receive two books, one to cut up and use and the other to keep - I am going to enjoy sitting and colouring the other one, it is sooo relaxing!

Enjoy your evening!
Janet xx

4 comments:

  1. Lovely, and I see you have reverted to type with the colours, the universe is as it should be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Moira, yes, my trips to the 'Bright Side' don't last long!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful cards Janet.... such pretty designs! Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I appreciate and enjoy reading them all xxx