Saturday 31 October 2015

Best Wishes x

Good Morning to you,

Have you got good things planned this weekend?  Me- a nice quiet one at home catching up with stuff and relaxing a bit.
I thought I'd better do my blog before I relaxed too much!

This is my last sample from a month ago.  I used the ribbon writing Best Wishes sentiment set There are others in the range, I think they are brilliant - I love the style of the main image, but also all the sentiments, if you get them all, you can write just about anything for special occasions.


.
I used a couple of color burst/brusho backgrounds I had in my stash.  I like to do a darker and a lighter version of the same colours -one for the background and one to stamp on.  Just add more water for the lighter version.
I stamped some of the little words in two colours of ink all over the darker piece for the background.
I stamped the Best Wishes on the paler piece, the coloured it in and glittered over the top - very pretty effect!
I stamped the 'on your special day' words on another bit of the paler card, then cut out each word by hand.
I inked round all my edges (it's the law!), squiggled a black line round the edge of the main image, then matted and layered on matching card stock.
Hope you have a fab weekend, whatever you are doing....
Janet xxx

2 comments:

  1. Lovely card.... I like the inked edges! Hope you enjoy your quiet weekend! Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i do love these ribbon sentiments. fab card Janet and great idea of the 2 tones for the background and topper, hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I appreciate and enjoy reading them all xxx