Thursday 28 June 2018

Kraft and Blue.. and a Rainbow

Good morning,
It has been fabulous weather here in Norfolk, I have been enjoying the sun and have been getting some gardening done.  Sadly my days of spending hours just lying in the sun have gone, there is always weeding or pruning or basically clearing out the undergrowth to be done.

For today's cards, I have used the three way overlay stamp and stencil sets

 For the first card I used the Marigold and friends set  I made the background on kraft card first.  Brush a little white paint along the centre of the card and add a little Blue Chase ink.
Brush some Rich Mocha ink through the Petite brick wall stencil in patches round the card
Make some circles by spreading some white paint on a mat and dip a lid in then add to the card
I used some texture paste to spread through the stencil in the set
Allow it all to dry then add some washi tape for interest and finish with some lines and circles of blue ink
Mount onto white card then more Kraft card
For the central circle, I stamped in Blue Chase ink then die cut the circle and edged with Rich Mocha brown ink.
Finish with a few gems

For the second card, I stamped the Cornflower in place and masked it, then added the rainbow round the edge by adding ink to acetate, spritzing with water and adding to the card.  Do one colour at a time
Use the same colours to colour the image.  I found the new blending tips really useful to get in all the tiny spaces. I just picked the colour up on the tip straight from the ink pad.

Thanks for dropping by, I hope you have a wonderful day.
Janet xx

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Janet. Love the Kraft one especially. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dawn, I have to admit I was very pleased with the way that one turned out! xx

      Delete
  2. Nice cards Janet! I particularly like the first card.... I like the combination of kraft and blue!! Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards Janet. I have been gardening too, now resting my back lol. Tracy ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tracy, yes everything is definitely more creaky and achy these days - I have to do gardening for shorter periods of time xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I appreciate and enjoy reading them all xxx