Wednesday 11 April 2018

5th Anniversary

Good evening everyone,
Today fb informed me that it was 5 years ago that I did my first blog post.  I can't believe it was that long ago - time seems to whizz by so fast these days. (I know that is a sign that I am getting old!)
It has been very enjoyable, posting cards here and also visiting other blogs, reading the news and finding inspiration for cards.

 The first and second card are done in a similar way:
Stamp the main image on a piece of stencil card, colour in and tear round it.  Now you can use it when you are doing the background to make sure everything is placed correctly.
For the background piece, start by squishing some ink on a mat, dilute a little with water and paint an area a bit bigger than the main topper on the card. Add a few splatters too.
Stamp and stencil to create the background.
Keep placing the topper on the card, so you can get an idea of how it will all look
When you are happy, attach the topper and finish with a few gems


















For the third card, I used a lovely piece of card from the petites set, I stamped the trees, bird and Lily in place

Stamp Lily two more times on another piece of the card and cut out different parts of her dress to layer on the main image


Thanks very much for visiting and thank you for sticking with me if you have here for the full 5 years!

Janet xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I appreciate and enjoy reading them all xxx