Tuesday 22 August 2017

Rainbow Butterfly

Good evening,
Another post already!  Don't get too used to it though - it won't last.
Today's card is another one we did at Claritystampers East, using my newly discovered 'Controlled Random' technique by adding some ink to a piece of acetate, spritzing,, the placing the colour where you want it to go on the card.

I thought I would put the control to the test by making a sort of rainbow.
I started by stamping the lovely butterfly from the Gerbera and Butterfly set with a waterproof black ink
Stamp again on copy paper and cut out a mask to cover the main image
Using the acetate trick, add the colours of the rainbow one at a time across the card.
Sponge a little black round the edge of the mask to create some shadow.
Remove the mask and colour the butterfly by painting the same colours
Add some matching gems
Run round the edge with a black marker and mount onto a white base card.

Thanks for visiting,
Janet xxx


8 comments:

  1. Clever technique... I'll have to try it when I get some time to play if that's OK!?
    Love the effect you got!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane, I look forward to seeing your results! xx

      Delete
  2. Great fun doing this, very useful technique

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely card. So sorry I missed the workshop now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just had time to sit down and finally get on line. When the kids are off school we always struggle. Love all the recent cards, particularly the ones I missed on Sunday. Isn't it always the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne, I expect you've been busy! I hope you are feeling better! x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I appreciate and enjoy reading them all xxx