Saturday 10 December 2016

Golden Turmeric

Good afternoon all,

I thought I would post one of the cards from the last TV show today.  This one features the a tree and some birds from the Jayne Nestorenko sets which Barbara had on - it also features one of my new favourite ink colours - Golden Turmeric from the set of Artistry Inks.  I am not normally a 'yellow person' but this is such a wonderful rich yellow/gold.

 I added lots of colour to a piece of stencil card using a blending tool, starting at the top with Golden Turmeric and working down through oranges and reds to the bottom.
I splattered with water and blotted with copy paper.
Leave to dry and use archival ink to stamp the main tree, then use a copy paper mask to stamp the rest.  I did use water to lift some of the colour from the trees, so they stand out a bit.
Add the word and birds et viola!  Add a bit of black round the edges and you're done.

Hope you have a great weekend!
Janet xx

7 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I appreciate and enjoy reading them all xxx