Thursday 5 March 2015

Spring is on the way!!

Hi Guys,
Happy Thursday!, my day off work - yay! ....and the weather is looking good.  It has even been light when I have had to get up for the last few mornings, so definitely a lovely spring feel.  The thought of spring and summer always cheers me up!
With that in mind, this card is one made with a lovely set of spring day stamps from Claritystamp.  It is one of my samples from the last show.  Tulips are one of my favourite flowers.

I started by stamping the word circle, then the tulip circle inside it - I used green ink
I found a circle die the right size and cut out a circle of copy paper to cover the stamped image.
Cover the top and bottom of the card to leave a strip along the centre, then add green to the bottom and yellow along the top of the strip
Remove the mask, then using one of the clarity stencil with a circle aperture, I add a bit of yellow round the edge of the circle.
Now it is just a case of colouring in....I used distress markers, they have a fine tip to get in all the small areas on the tulip leaves
Once that was done, I added a slightly darker shade of green round the edge of the card, and used a fine pen to run a couple of squiggly lines along the edge of the strip and round the circle.
Hope you like it!
Enjoy your day!
Janet xxx

3 comments:

  1. Hello Janet! Love this Spring card! I always like the Spring colours! Have a nice day off! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Janet. It has such a happy feel to it. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one Janet. I love tulips too but unfortunately something got to all my tulips planted in a pot and ate all the tops!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I appreciate and enjoy reading them all xxx