Monday 11 December 2017

Simply Stencils

Good morning,
I think we have been one of the very few areas of the UK which hasn't had any snow at all over the weekend - we had one light, sleety shower, but apart from that it has just been raining.  I hope everyone is keeping safe and warm!
I am having a bit of a catch up today, so there are a few cards here.  They are done mostly just using stencils with no or very little stamping.  All stencil and any stamps are from Claritystamp.


 I attached the stencil to the base card and masked off the area I wanted to use.
Blend ink over the stencil to colour the flowers.
Allow to dry then spread bead gel medium (which is clear) across the stencil
Remove the stencil and allow to dry
Mount on black card, add gems and ribbon to finish, then attach to a matching piece of lovely Designer Parchment










For this card, I attached the stencil to black clarity card, and masked off the area I wanted to use, then squish versa mark ink through the stencil
Remove the stencil, then dust over the image with Perfect Pearls
Allow to dry, then buff with a soft tissue to remove any excess power.
Attach to the base card and add the greeting

 I enjoyed making this one!  The stencil has two parts, an inny and an outy.
Attach the outy to the card and blend colour through the aperture.
Stamp the script from the Journalling set all over the aperture.
Keep the outer stencil in place, then add the inner part too.
Blend plenty of black ink through the stencil
Mount on matching card and attach ribbon and gems
Stamp the word Love from the word chain set and die cut the shape, then blend a bit of ink round the edge and attach to the card.




This card is done the same way, but without stamping the script. I couldn't decide whether I preferred it with or without the script in the background (I also messed up one edge, which is why it is cut off!  I really liked the final shape though!)
I dotted black paint in the centres of all the flowers

For the final card, I spread white texture paste through the stencil, remove the stencil, then add embossing powder over the top, leave to dry.
When it is dry, heat it to set the powder, you will also get the texture paste to bubble and give a nice bit of extra texture
Add ribbon and a Clarity brad to finish.

I had a lovely time making these samples, I enjoy using stencils both as backgrounds, but also as the main focal point for the card.

Thanks for visiting,
see you soon,
Janet xx

4 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous Janet. Lucky you no snow i hated the commute today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine, we didn't get away with it completely, It had snowed a little over Monday night

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I appreciate and enjoy reading them all xxx