Wednesday 21 December 2016

Season's Greetings!

Hello folks,

I am lucky enough to be off work now until after Christmas, so I am catching up with some housework and decorating for Christmas.  I am so glad it is the longest day today, it seems to have been dark all day, I am always pleased to see it getting lighter again!

Today's card is another one I did using Jaynes' Christmas scenes.  I love this winter hedgerow.

I did the background first and added the colour using my petite gel press circle.
I added two colours to the plate then gently touched over it with scrunched tissue then pressed on to the card, I kept repeating this, overlapping the circles, until I was happy with what I'd got.
I stamped everything in place, then took a bit of the colour out of the trees and shrubs by adding water and blotting.
When it was all dry, I used a white gel pen tp add all the white bits, I also darkened the hedge a bit to put it behind the trees.  I matted it on matching card and it was done!  I don't think I added any glitter, but that would obviously work well with this.
Stamps used:
Season's Greetings
Santa and Sleigh
Jayne Nestorenko's Winter Scene - Children

I hope your Christmas prep is going well!!
Janet xx

3 comments:

  1. Love this cute little card the scene is so pretty! It has been very dark the last few days.... nice to think we have seen the shortest day and the days will be lengthening again! Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful scene with Jayne's lovely stamps.
    I just need another week before Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Christmas scene Janet, these stamps are just amazing...hope you are getting sorted and that you have a very Happy Christmas...love and hugs...xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I appreciate and enjoy reading them all xxx