Wednesday 2 November 2016

Holly, Ivy and Brusho

Good evening,

This card is one I made for the TV show on Hochanda last weekend.  I started by stamping the holly and ivy image onto some watercolour card.  I used a brush to add water to the left side of the image, then added some diluted brusho as a paint.  I used two colours.  then I did the same on the right of the image, but used a paler colour.  I then masked the image and added powder brusho over the top and spritzed it.  You get a bit more control doing it this way.  You can always use a brush to blend in any bits you think are too dark.


I let it dry, then added the holly and ivy words in versa fine ink, before removing the mask.
Once I'd removed the mask, I used artistry inks to paint in the image.
I obviously had to use my fab new speckling brush to add some speckles, then added a bit of shadow round the image with pencils.

I had great fun doing this one!

Thanks for visiting!
Janet xx

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic Janet, I honestly thought you had fussy cut the Holly out, really like this card, adding the words just on the left looks very effective x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, Lisa - I don't like cutting out very much, so it is always unlikely that I have fussy cut anything!
      Thank you for your comment xxx

      Delete
  2. Beautiful card Janet! You are getting some great effects! Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chrissie, I am going to do more of this - I really enjoyed it! xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I appreciate and enjoy reading them all xxx