Tuesday 17 July 2018

Off to Crowborough...!

Good morning all!

I am packed and ready for my trip to Kent and the Clarity Retreat in Crowborough.  I stay with a friend of mine and we catch up with all the news from the last year then we go to the Retreat and enjoy crafting with Barbara and Paul and meeting lots of crafty friends, then we have another day together and I come home.  I have left instructions for feeding and watering the plants, birds and hedgehogs, so all should be well.  This year, I have seen as many as five hedgehogs in the garden at the same time, so they are doing well here, even if they are in trouble generally.

My cards today are there ones I did with Tina Cox's lovely flowers and Dragonflies set of stamps, this comes as a big A4 set of individual parts so you can make up your own flowers...
 For the first one, I blended inks to make a rainbow background, then stamped the line writing greetings in place and built up the design from there.
It doesn't show on the picture, but I have outlined all the flowers with a gold glitter pen.
I added some gems to finish
 For the second card, I stamped and cut out the flower heads and dies cut some rings.  One of my favourite parts of this set is the lines with the squiggles across, I can see me using them on all sorts of things!
I used them here in the background and also as a corner emellishment













For the final card, I stamped on a watercolour background and coloured in the flowers.
I used the squiggly lines to add a frame and a base for the flower to ground it.

Thanks very much for visiting, see you after the retreat!
Janet xxx

4 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous Janet - I wish ideas popped into my head like they do for you. Lol.
    Have a fabulous Retreat and enjoy your catch up with your friend. Safe journey. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Dawn, I've been told that some of my ideas are a bit strange.... but maybe that's a good thing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards Janet! I hope you have a lovely time at your retreat! Have fun! Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chrissie, I had a great time! xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I appreciate and enjoy reading them all xxx