Monday 2 July 2018

A Little Birdie Says 'Hi'

Good day to everyone,
It is lovely here, hot and sunny, just my sort of weather!  I know some people prefer it cooler, but I love the sun!  I have a sore back, sunburnt shoulders and hands covered in mud - but I also have a patio with lots of pretty flowers in pots and a cleaned out wormery, so I am happy!

I should be making cards really, but I normally work in the conservatory, which is south-facing , so that would definitely be too hot, also all my ink pads would just dry out immediately!  I am planning the cards from the comfort of my chair in the sun, then I will make them this evening, once it has cooled down.  I just hope it all goes according to plan.... (when did that EVER happen??)
Today's card is one using the really cute little bird from Tina Cox's Doodle Flowers set

For the main image, I just stamped all the pieces in place with archival ink and coloured using the fab new Pergamano blending pen and tips, I picked up the ink with the tip straight from the inkpad.  There are some tiny bits to colour and the tips made it easy!  I cut it to size and mounted on to green card.
For the background, I just stamped the different leaves around the edge of the card, blended some ink round, then coloured in the leaves in the same way I did the bird.

Right, I am off to admire my new pots, get my legs brown (while protecting my shoulders!) and have a long, cool drink while planning my next cards.  Love it!
Thanks very much for visiting
Janet xxx


2 comments:

  1. Good luck with that all working out! Make the most of the sun though.... it doesn't always last! Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think we have a fairly long spell of sun coming up, so I can get a bit of a tan together before I go to Kenya!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I appreciate and enjoy reading them all xxx