Tuesday 22 May 2018

Flying, Frogs and Flowers

Good morning all,

At last, the weather is turning sunny!  It makes such a difference doesn't it?  This is definitely my favourite time of year. 

I was at the Claritystampers East workshops at Bawburgh and Great Blakenham over the last two weekends.  It is always great to see everyone and catch up with what is going on.

It was a workshop featuring stencils this time...

 For the first card, we used the Umbrellas stencil to create the background.  Brush ink lightly over the whole stencil, then pick out certain areas to add more colour
Stamp the script from the Journaling set randomly in the gaps
Stamp the Flying Boy and the greeting with black
















This is another version, using stronger colours and adding some splatters
















...and this one with the frogs, which I stamped and embossed with green ink and crystal embossing powder
This was the first version I did of the background in my mind the umbrellas looked a bit like lily pads! (I think they are actually tree frogs but maybe they fancied a dip in a pond!)


The final card for today features the lovely Alium stencil, this comes in two parts.
Attach the outer part to the card and brush plenty of ink through.  Keep the stencil in place and stamp the script all over.
Add the inner part of the stencil and sponge lots of black through
Cut to size, edge the card with a black pen, add some Washi tape and mount on the base card
As a final touch, dip dot some black paint in the centres of the flowers.
I will probably add a greeting later

Thanks very much for visiting, enjoy the rest of your day!
Janet xx

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning Janet - each and every one of them but I have to say my favourite is the one using the alium stencil which is stunning. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Dawn, I like the allium one too xxx

      Delete
  2. Beautiful cards Janet! I particularly like the 'frog' card but that doesn't come as any surprise does it?!! Enjoy the sunshine! Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not that surprised! At least I will know which stamp to use for your next birthday card! xxx

      Delete
  3. Agree that the umbrellas look like lily pads -. like the frog version best, but the last one is my favourite (despite the washi tape!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Veronica, I didn't realise washi tape was an issue :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I appreciate and enjoy reading them all xxx