Saturday 16 December 2017

Claritystampers East Christmas

Good morning,

I had a good day yesterday!  I took the day off work to get some Christmas shopping done...and actually got some Christmas shopping done!!  I made a list of what I had left to buy, went to the Park and Ride, got all my shopping done in two hours and was home in time for tea.  I have just got to get it all wrapped now.
Last Saturday was the last Claritystampers East workshop for the year and we finished with Christmas cards, it seems everyone is a bit behind making them this year.  I would like to thank all the ladies who come to the workshops, many of them have hardly missed one.  I have been doing Bawburgh for five years and Great Blakenham for four years, it is good fun and I really appreciate everyone's support over the years.  Looking forward to doing it again next year.  If you are in the area and would like to join us, the dates for 2018 are on the relevant  pages on the blog, message me for more details.
These are the cards we did on Saturday, all using one stamp set, Christmas Carols 2 Reindeer and Robins such a useful set of stamps.


The first card: we made the background paper by blending ink on copy paper, scrunching the paper then adding more ink lightly over the top to pick up the texture, you can also add some stamping to this to for added interest. tear two or three strips of paper to add to the card.
On the main card, add some ink onto acetate, spritz then add to the centre of the card, stamp the 'Christmas Greetings' and the Christmas Carol score.  Also stamp the reindeer.  Add a few splatters and leave to dry
Stamp the reindeer again on a spare piece of card, colour and cut out.
Die cut a snowflake
Assemble together on the card and add a few gems



 The second card is just stamped and coloured, I love this quirky church and trees.
Stamp the church on a separate piece of card, colour and die cut a circle, also die cut a piece of red card to back it
Position it over the main image,then mount onto another piece of the red card

The three robins has to be one of my favourite stamps ever, they are so cute!
Stamp them in place on the card
Attach the circle aperture stencil on the card and mask off the bottom part.  Blend blue ink for the sky
Remove the mask and add another little snowy dip.  Remove the stencil and add the trees.
Colour the robins.

Thanks very much for visiting,see you again soon
Janet xx

4 comments:

  1. Enjoyed doing these, almost doubled my card total!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the cards we did Janet, but am loving the one in the middle. You know me and colouring but I think even I could manage that!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just a tiny bit of colouring Anne, I think you could cope! xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I appreciate and enjoy reading them all xxx