Thursday 31 March 2016

Bits and pieces

Hello Folks,

I have had a lovely day today, pottering around and getting jobs done, the sun has been shining (after a little shower of rain first thing), the cats have all been outside (must be warming up!) and I have got my cards ready for the Diva Red workshop on Saturday.  I'm very pleased with what I've done, but can't show you until after the workshop, so here is something I made using lots of those bits and pieces we all have lurking in drawers and craft boxes

 I have been trying to use up some of my craft stash!      stop laughing!
I had a bit of a clear out and found all sorts of things, buttons, sequins, MDF shapes, die cut frames from old kits from years ago, ribbons, papers, flowers, brads, the list goes on and on...
I took it all to the workshops last weekend for the ladies to have a go at a collage.
We started by gluing all sorts of bits to a square card, trying to get lots of different textures.
Once everyone was happy with their layout, we painted it all with white gesso (another pot of stuff I've had for ages...) and left it to dry.


Then paint it all with coloured acrylic paint, spritz with shimmer spray and/or add gilding wax.

Some of the ladies produced the most WONDERFUL pieces of art!!  We had good fun and I hope everyone enjoyed themselves.

...so I bet you are wondering how much of my stash got used... they barely made a dent! Still we had a good time, which is the main thing.  I will just have to think of other ways of using my stuff (which is good fun in itself!)
Thanks for popping by
Janet xx

4 comments:

  1. Love these fun cards! It is nice just to play with the textures and layout.... these both look great! Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very funky Janet. That would take me way out of my comfort zone!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had great fun with this, thank you Janet x

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooo fabby I love doing stuff like this but rarely get chance. I bet the ladies had a fab time x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I appreciate and enjoy reading them all xxx