Thursday 11 February 2016

Poppy Blue

Good evening folks,


It's been a lovely day here in Norfolk, cold but bright and sunny. I even did a bit of tidying up in the garden, not too much tough, I have hurt my thumb, so I am a bit limited in what I can do (same for crafting, unfortunately!)
Today's card is the first of my samples from last Sunday's shows on the TV.. I was delighted to get the stamps this time, you can never have enough grasses and leaves and poppies are my absolute favourite flower.






I made the frame first, by putting a square mask in the centre of the card and stamping the large and small leaves all round (the smaller leaves are in a paler blue in the background)
I blended some more ink round the edge of the card.
I removed the mask then stamped the poppies in place.
I used a fine blue pen to add a line under the poppies and go round the edge of the square.  I used a water pen to add extra colour to the poppies and the larger leaves and splattered a little ink around and added the word 'Poppy', then matted on blue and white card.
Hope you like it.
Stamps used:
Poppies set
Poppy word


Janet xxx

15 comments:

  1. looks awesome in blue, hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Theresa, it is mostly Blueprint Sketch distress ink xx

      Delete
  2. Oh Janet this is lovely. Great colour...I am now way behind with the distress inks...on the upside. Stamps are on order

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda - there are some lovely DIs from the 2015 collection. Glad you've got the stamps on order, they are fab xx

      Delete
  3. Oh Janet this is lovely. Great colour...I am now way behind with the distress inks...on the upside. Stamps are on order

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really beautiful work Janet. Loving the colour. Hope your thumb gets better soon. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma - my thumb is slowly improving xx

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous. Glad you mentioned the colour, it's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful design Janet, and I really love blue poppies, I have tried for years to grow them but unfortunately for me they just don't like my Cheshire Clay soil....hope your thumb gets better soon ...hugs...xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card! May have to try this type of card!! Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card Janet. Hope your thumb is better soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Janet, just love poppies - hopefully your thumb is better now

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I appreciate and enjoy reading them all xxx