Saturday 9 January 2016

The House on the Hill

Good evening,


A bit of a late one today.
This card is one of those that I actually had an image of in my mind before I started - a very rare event for me, usually I have a rough idea and it just kind of takes shape as I go.
As soon as I got the Wee Houses, I wanted to do a hill and a house with the wording under it.


I started by tearing a hill with copy paper, then masking off the bottom half of the card. I stamped the house in place, then stamped on a post-it and cut myself a mask which I put over the stamped image.
I used the cloud mask to do the sky, the trick with this is the way you position the mask and not to use too much ink.  I start at the top and work my way down, dragging ink off the mask with a sponge, then moving the mask and adding more ink.
Once I was happy with the sky, I stamped the trees from the Wee Trees set along the hill.
I removed the mask from the bottom of the card and covered up the top half, then added green ink at the bottom with a stencil brush.
Then came the fun part, I used a black fine pen and drew in the lines for my hills and wrote my words. (I did practise this first!)  I added some bushery with the side of one of the tree stamps and used the Wee Foliage at the front.
Finally ink round the edges and mount up.
Products used:
Wee Houses
Wee Trees
Wee Foliage
Cloud Mask


Enjoy the rest of your weekend,
Janet xx

16 comments:

  1. Gloving this Janet. I've just got the houses and wee foliage, so might have a go at something like this. Perfect clouds too! I still can't get it right. Lol! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amanda, I had trouble with the clouds to start with - keep practising! Thanks for your comment xx

      Delete
  2. Hi Janet, nice to meet you! Just popped in via your sister's blog. I'm not a card maker, don't know anything about making them, but I still like cards, and reading about them! Love this one - especially as DH and I live on a hill! Will certainly be back to have a look around later! Best wishes!
    Barbara x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbara, you are very welcome to pop in any time! I'm guessing you are into sewing if you follow Chrissie's blog. I am much the same to sewing as you are to cards, I like looking at all the amazing pieces people make, but don't do anything myself.
      Thanks for looking xxx

      Delete
  3. Love it Janet. I don't think I would be brave enough to add the words freehand. I'm thinking the houses & co are a must have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne, we may well be featuring the houses at the next workshop xx

      Delete
  4. I really love this card Janet! When I get all my 'stuff' together I may have a go at making something like this! Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chrissie, I'm sure you could do something like this. You seem to be getting quite a lot of 'stuff' together!! xxx

      Delete
  5. Great card Janet, I love the way the Wee stamps all work together,,,
    Hope you are having a lovely weekend...xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Jo, thanks, the Wee stamps are brilliant, useful for so many things..
      Take care xx

      Delete
  6. I love these houses and your card is delightful Janet x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely Janet, great composition and beautiful sky (I'm always a bit heavy handed!) Looking forward to the next workshop - especially if we're using the wee houses! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue, yes, Wee Houses on the agenda for the next workshop, hopefully see you there xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I appreciate and enjoy reading them all xxx