Tuesday 19 May 2015

A simple wedding invite

Good evening folks,

Thanks very much for dropping by.  I am right in thinking it's May am I?  Apparently it hailed here today, I tend not to notice when I am at work, but Simon told me!

I have been getting lots of exciting parcels recently - I have decided to have a proper go at Zentangle and have bought the most lovely paper to work on (I have a bit of a thing about card and paper, I just love those expensive artist's pads - not that my art is anywhere near good enough to do it justice!)
More of that to follow when I have had some practice.

My card today is a very simple wedding design, I like wedding cards to be simple, plus if you have to make loads, you don't want it to be taking too long!

This is one I did using the next set of Wee Folk stamps The wedding collections, very useful sets  to have, not only for weddings, but also anniversaries and occasions in general.

I always use lovely card for wedding stationery,This time hammered card, one of my favourite textured cards.
I die cut all the squares for the mats and also the little oval - I stamped the image first, then die cut (much easier to get the image central that way!)
I used a purple archival ink for the stamping and blended a little round the edge of the oval.
I was struggling to find something to go behind the image, then it occurred to me that I had got a serrated edge to my square, so I could use some lovely matching thread I've had for ages! I even had exactly the right colour! I stuck it on the back and wound it round the card, then stuck my stamped couple over the top.
Hope you like it
Janet xxx

11 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card Janet. Very elegant. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's a great invite. just right if you're batch making xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty wedding invitation! We had hail here too! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. Thanks for sharing,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a simple card, but so effective

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and elegant....and yes this would be perfect for batch invite making...hope the weather improves for you....xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautifully classic card, so very elegant.

    I see you live in Norfolk, I have fond memories fo visiting friends in Happisburgh (yes I cracked them mispronouncing the name)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Skye, thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comment. We have lots of places with funny pronunciation in Norfolk

      Delete
  8. A beautifully classic card, so very elegant.

    I see you live in Norfolk, I have fond memories fo visiting friends in Happisburgh (yes I cracked them mispronouncing the name)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I appreciate and enjoy reading them all xxx