This card is another sample for the Clarity show on HSE 24. I love both these stamps, so had a good time doing this card! I also used pan pastels and gilding flakes, two of my favourite products!
- I did the three background strips as one piece and cut it into three
- Using a palette of red pan pastels, shade an A5 piece of linen effect cardstock from dark to light
- Fix with hairspray or fixative
- When dry, stamp randomly with the leafy column using currant Adirondack ink
- Cut into three strips and trim to size.
- Mat each strip onto gold card, then onto a square of black card
- For the main image, prepare another piece of linen card with the pan pastels, and stamp the hummingbirds with currant, emboss with holographic powder
- Here's the tricky bit - cut out the circle background round the birds
- Stick a piece of double sided adhesive on the back of the card, so the circle is sticky from the front
- Apply gilding flakes and scrub with a sponge to remove excess flakes
- Trim the card to size and mat on to gold, then black card
- Stamp the edge of the base card with the leafy column in currant, (I used the third generation to give a more faded look)
- Arrange all the bits on the base card
- To add a finishing touch, I added dots of gold using a gold leaf pen