Douglas and the Umbrella.
It is recommended to use Acrylic paints with the Gelli plate, so I treated myself to the Introduction set from Clarity, fished out an old brayer and off I went.
- For the background, I used blue, black, white and a tiny bit of brown, squeezed them all onto the plate and spread them all over with the brayer, to add a bit of interest, I wrapped an elastic band round the roller first.
- Once the paint was spread evenly, I dabbed some bubble wrap over patches.
- Place your card over the plate and smooth over to pick up all the paint.
- I loved the effect!
- I did another, smaller bit in the same way, but with a bit more brown - I used this piece to stamp on
- Once all the paint was dry, I stamped Douglas and the umbrella from the Clarity characters set and the words from the Happy Words set in versa mark and embossed with lovely silver/black embossing powder from Crafty Notions
- Then I simply tore everything to the size I wanted and matted onto dark grey card, then onto the white base card
- Add some white card candy